Rob Home Page
Hello and Welcome!
This is a small web page to tell you something
Onward- through the fog! ...
with justice and comfort and respect for all
(also I suppose super-dark chocolate makes up for a lot...)
First, a couple of sort-of-current (but maybe not too flattering) pictures of me:
I live in a suburb
Austin, Texas, USA and I work for a major international technology company.
I have many interests, including:
- Music - listening, playing and collecting,
including jazz, ambient,
classical and electronic.
- Travel and adventure
(I am well traveled and am always looking for
people to meet and things to do.
And of course the perfect travel partner is a bonus...
- My backyard pond w/ Lotus, Lilies, and small waterfall.
Now that its spring, lots to do...
- Taking classes at the local
colleges for fun and improvement.
(always onward! through the fog!)
...from the old house...
- My latest brand new sport to try: sculling (rowing) on Town lake! woo hoo with Texas Rowing Center
- Dancing - I love swing and jitterbug style dancing...
when I have a partner...
- Martial arts (kungfu, TaiChi, jujitsu)
- Racquetball, Tennis, Handball
- Running and walking
- All kinds of water activities, including
scuba diving, water skiing, wind surfing (not vey well...),
swimming and sailing my hobie, and now, rowing
- Riding motorcycles and bicycles
- I work to stay strong and supple by going to the gym several times
a week, running and practicing tai-chi. (I have a small gym in my home.)
...Sailing- up on one!
does my time go?
- WORK! (I do however, attempt to limit my work life to the work place and
leave it there
when I exit. I also try to go in early and leave early so I can enjoy the
rest of the day...
- Home stuff: I have a home so yard work and home chores take up some of my
( I'm pretty neat and organized around the house, although
the computer-room/office always looks a little lived in.... also
no smoking in my home - and no shoes please
- Studying: I study for whatever current class I am taking
- Leisure: eating out, cooking, dancing, sports, concerts
- I always make time especially for that special person in my life.
- And sometimes I do a little gardening:
- In a previous life (long, long ago in a galaxy far, far away...) I was a
I taught at both a university and a medical school.
- I have also previously performed research in various scientific fields.
- I taught science at a private high school for a year--. Interesting
- I am a throwback in that I enjoy attmpting to repair or fix things instead of throwing
them away (--- go figure..)
- I have visited Europe, the Caribbean, Canada, South America, China, and
lived in Germany,
France and all over the US.
me email addressed to : robelewi (AT) pliable.us
last updated 02.2020